As an Agile Leader, I believe that …
As a leader, I believe it is important for people I work with to know my beliefs. As the leader of a self-organized company, I want to share those beliefs.
I personally believe that:
- people are good in nature and wish to accomplish meaningful goals;
- people truly wish to be successful and should be trusted to achieve success;
- collective intelligence leads to better decisions;
- individuals working together will find the solution to their problems, they know more about their skills, competences and environment than anyone else outside the team;
- long lasting knowledge is best learn through hands-on experience;
- as long as we learn something from the experience, failure is an investment, not an expense;
- true success is achieved when people are in it for the long run;
- a systemic perspective is useful to understand the entire system;
- short term goals are rarely optimal and tend to maximize locally and not globally;
- motivation comes from within, external factor do not really motivate people;
- motivated people deliver better results and are highly contagious;
- no single individual can (and should) be attributed success;
- success attracts successful people;
- you should judge people by their intention not their actions.
What are your beliefs?