The Scrum Master
There are three fundamental roles in Scrum: the Product Owner, the Scrum Master, and the Team.
As an Agile Project Manager, the Scrum Master is the person responsible to ensure the adoption and adherence to the Scrum process. With no formal authority over the Team, the Scrum Master facilitates the various activities and maintains the Burn Down Chart.
What the Scrum Master does
As a liaison between the Product Owner and the Team, the Scrum Master is responsible for the following activities:
- Helps the team maintain their productivity by removing barriers and preventing interferences;
- Supports the Product Owner in achieving the project’s goals;
- Facilitates communication between the Product Owner and the Team;
- Updates the Burn Down charts and other artifacts to make team progress visible;
- Organizes and facilitates the key meetings: definition, planning, building, demonstration, and retro-spection.