Project Charter – Agile Project
In the spirit of sharing, below is an example of a Project Charter we use to launch a Agile Projects. Do you use a similar document? In which context? Are there sections that are more critical for the success of your projects?
The Electronic Balanced Scorecard (EBS) project for Company Y is designed to develop and implement a simple tool to aid the decision making process of all managers and to help them evaluate the impact of their actions and determine if it is in line with corporate strategy.
Objectives of the EBS Project
- Total transparency of the information for all managers;
- To generate conversations among managers with regards to the performance indicators;
- The tool should be easy to use by everyone;
- To monitor the performance of the organization with respect to the strategic objectives;
- Supporting the decision making process of all managers;
- Guide and adjust the strategic discussions.
To have implemented all the key performance indicators (highlighted in green in the definition document) in time for the strategic meeting that will take place in November 2009.
- The information must be accessible by everyone;
- The information must be understandable by everyone;
- The information must be updated within a pre-defined timeline;
- The information must be relevant and practical for managers to use;
- The strategic objectives must be defined, communicated, measurable and measured regularly;
- The strategic objectives must be communicated to all managers prior to launching the project;
- The ESC supports the decision making process of the managers on a daily basis.
Priorities and Compromises Matrix
- Scope: Not Negotiable (priority 1)
- Schedule: Negotiable (priority 3)
- Budget: Difficult to Change (priority 2)
- Adoption of the new decision-making tool by all managers;
- Introduction of several new processes;
- Incomplete and / or erroneous information
- Availability of key managers;
- Implementation of a Human Resource Management System;
- Integration of financial systems from various countries.
Implementation of a change management program.
Role of the various team members
- Product Owner: Paul Bergeron
- Scrum Master: Christine Clark
- Team Members: Patrick Allen, Christopher Green, Anthony Stephanopoulos, Cynthia Martin
- Ergonomics Expert: Francis Albert