I just finished putting together a project plan of high level activities to do in order to actually launch a small business. It goes like this:
- Post content daily to this blog. In the hopes that some people will read the blog so we can start discussion on the topic of launching a business!
- Start documenting my learning and possibly publish them on the blog. I believe I have a pretty good ability to summarize key information and extract the most important content – that comes from completing my Masters degree a few years back. The intent is to help people get key knowledge quickly and hopefully start sharing thoughts on the topic.
- Create the company’s web site. The objective is to eventually get customers so I need a way to explain the types of service I will be offering around Business Intelligence and clearly explain the company’s vision and mission.
- Join Internet Communities and get involved in the discussions. Interactions, dialogue and collaboration with others working in this arena will certainly help launch the business.
- Contact potential customers. I have a few people in mind that I could work with in various capacities. I need to start booking meetings with them.
This is the high level plan. For now…